CENTRO DE INNOVACIÓN Y TECNOLOGÍA AGROALIMENTARIA, S.A
CITAGRO (Agrifood Innovation and Technology Centre) is a private company that provides services, advice and technical consulting for the food industry, especially in activities related to research, development and innovation (R&D) and certification of agriculture products.
Since 2000, when it became the first agricultural technological centre in Andalusia, CITAGRO has been involved in several activities, including:
- Research, Development and innovation projects in the agronomic and agroindustrial field with the aim of developing applied research activities and products and services which are interesting for the agrifood sector companies.
- Certification of Food Products under sustainable production systems (Integrated Production and Organic Vegetal Production and Farming).
- Audit and inspection of quality management systems (ISO 9001), environmental management systems (ISO 14001), food safety systems and protocols (ISO 22000, BRC, IFS), R&D&I systems (UNE 166.000) and other protocols related to agrifood products (Marca Aenor N, GlobalGAP , FACE, Lista Marco), among others.
- Studies and Technical Assistance to improve business competitiveness and the agri-food sector through the application of innovative processes inside companies and the transformation of the business processes as well as the redesign of products and services.
- Technology Transfer Activities between the different innovation actors involved (companies, public research centres, universities, technology centres) and from the results obtained in the different projects in which the organization participates.
Alejandro Rodríguez Merino (Managing Director)
PTA Málaga (Centro Territorial)
C/ Marie Curie, 4 – local D1
29590 Campanillas (Málaga, Spain)
Tel.: +34 952 028 720
Fax: +34 952 020 045